Tuesday, October 16, 2012

"My Hero"

Today I am going to blog about mommy moments of pure amazing love.  Every mother should be lucky enough to have these from time to time. I truly hope so.  I also hope that when these moments hit all moms are able to wrap them up in pretty little bows and tuck them in their brains for a rainy day.  Today I am going to recall one from each of my chilly beans.

Shawnie was my first baby boy.  When i was pregnant with Emma i was scared that shawnie wouldnt feel as love.  I took him for a "date". We went to the park and played.  He was getting ready to turn 3 and i pretended to cry.  I told him that he was my best friend and couldnt grow up.  He looked up at me and said, "I wont grow up. I be 2."   We started singing our awesome song "best friends forever" (we just say that over and over).  To this day on his birthdays i still wish him Happy 10th Anniversary of your 3rd birthday.  Its weird, maybe a bit creepy, but it is my way of holding him to his sweet promise to me.  It is also my way of remembering that moment forever.

Now, Emma was my hot mess. She is me, made over.  But, she is also the one i can talk to about everything.She confides in me and i get her.  My mommy moment of amazingness is when my girl made the cheerleading team. We drove up to the school and I think I was more nervous than her.  I watched her get out of the car and go up to check the sheet in the door.  As a mom, you have to act like it doesn't matter...but, it did.  It mattered a lot to her.  I knew her heart would break if she didn't make it.  When she checked the door she turned and looked down.  Friends were all around her.  Do you know what she did?  She looked for me and gave me a thumbs up.  She then ran to my car without stopping to talk to her friends.  She came to tell me.  It didn't matter to me if she made it but it was the fact that she celebrated with me that brought tears to my eyes and a smile to my soul.

Kiley is my sweet, quiet Angel.  My mommy moment with Kiley was when we hung up our bible verse frames.  The point was to write a bible verse and a saint for the kids to think about.  Each child has one, even me and shawn.  The first night these were up I went to bed to find that kiley had snuck in my room to write me a love letter.  She is constant leaving me notes around the house.  I keep all of them.  They make me smile.

Keegan is our newbie and by far my special moment was the first family picture he drew.  It was the first time he showed how proud and happy he was in our family.  Best part?  Keegan was holding hands with me under a rainbow.  He waited all day to give me his present.  I literally almost burst with pride.

This morning Dylan gave me a mommy moment.  I was running around, as usual, trying to get it together.  The boys were ready and I was desperately trying to get a hot cup o Joe.  Dylan came into the kitchen wrapped his arms around me and said, "my hero".  Just like the lil rascals when Darla says this to alfalfa.  My heart melted into a soppy puddle.  All day I heard that lil voice cheering me on.  "My hero"  swoon...

These moments give me breathes of energy and love that can not be met by any amount of money or fame.They literally keep me going. They keep this lil hippie grounded.  I am so thankful for these moments of grace because without them I would be lost.  These moments make me confident that I am doing something right.

I will end this blog by telling you I am going to live in the light of one such moment.  I am going to snuggle up with my brood to watch the Little Rascals.  When Darla tells Alfalfa "my hero".. I will close my eyes, take a deep breath, smile and say, "you ain't got nothing me."







No comments:

Post a Comment