Sunday, October 14, 2012

Yummy! Breakfast Dinner

After a long day there is nothing like sitting down to a dinner with my lovely family.  Unless, of course it was a breakfast dinner!

Every once in awhile we have these cheap, good dinners and the kids get a kick out of it.  There is something rather magical about messing with the conformity of a meal.  This simple little act of pulling a switcheroo puts the rest of the evening on call.  It says, "watch out world there is party starting that may never stop!"

The thing is, a breakfast dinner is actually both healthy and cheap. Tonight I scrambled some eggs, made some sausage patties, fried potatoes and whole grain English muffins.  I cut up some apples and voila!  Dinner is served.  Equal parts of amazingness and penny pinching.  Winning!

Ok...a little melodramatic but, I will emphatically stand beyond breakfast dinners as one of the ways a cheap.parent comes out a Victor.  My kids left the table full and smiling with not a morsel to spare.  I consider this family idea one of the best!

No comments:

Post a Comment